Another quick post from me with more about the UK Creative Industries and some amazing facts & figures:
- The number of UK jobs in creative occupations rose to 1.9m in 2014, three times the average job growth rate across the economy
- This is an increase of 5.5% in the last two years this sector is growing, fast!
- The sector contributed 76.9 billion to the UK economy in 2013, which equates to 8.8m per hour of Gross Value Added (GVA) or 146,000 a minute.
- British Films generated $4.1billion at the box office in 2013 taking 11% of global box office receipts
- British Artists accounted for one in eight albums sold in the US last year with a 12% market share for UK acts
Quite simply, we really are the best in the world at this stuff!
Deviate – Create Different and Rule Britannia.